WordPress Support & Hosting for Small Businesses – Ireland.
WP Engine is considered the best in WordPress Support, Managed Hosting & eCommerce Solutions. And the most comprehensive solution for small and medium business owners in Ireland alike.
The platform offers several hosting benefits – such as automatic security updates, frequent backups, automatic caching, top-tier security, FREE CDN & SSL and FREE Site Migration.
WP Engine has achieved immense growth by also offering excellent performance and quality support, in order tomake your life a lot easier and save you time while managing WordPress sites.
However, it is not cheap compared to other WordPress hosting services such as Bluehost. But if you looking for the best fully managed WordPress hosting solution – well take a look at my review below.
WP Engine’s Main Features.
Below is a full list of core features included in every plan
- Local storage
- 10 premium themes
- Automated migration
- Daily & on-demand backups
- Free SSL and SSH
- Dev, Stage, Prod environments
- One-click staging
- Website caching
- Threat blocking & security
- CDN (content delivery network)
- Page performance monitoring
- Local dev tools
- GIT & SFTP connections
- Multi-factor support
The various tiers will determine the exact feature set you’ll be provided with. Read below to learn more.
📞 WordPress Support
WP Engine offers 24/7 support on all plans.
They have a resource center and knowledge based search center. One of the best solutions is Live chat (for entry-level startup plan) where you talk to an actual live assistant. This service is really fast and instantaneous.
However, every other plan also includes phone support. So if you want phone support, make sure to go with the Professional plan or higher.
💰 WP Engine Pricing
WP Engine offers 4 tiers, as well as custom enterprise plans (WP Engine used to only offer three plans).
You can view the annual prices below:
And here are the prices if you pay month-to-month:
Startup – $20/mo annual plan or $24/mo monthly plan – This is the basic and most popular plan it comes with 1 site, around 25,000 visits a month, global CDN, SSL certificate and 10GB storage, great plan to get you started and test WP Engine performance, support and speed.
Professional – $39/mo annual plan or $47/mo monthly plan – This plan is more focus on freelancers which option to have 3 sites, and increase traffic to 75,000 visits per month.
Growth – $77/mo annual plan or $92/mo monthly plan – This plan is more focus on small businesses which opt to have 10 sites, and increase traffic to 100,000 visits per month, 24/7 phone support and 20GB storage with 200GB bandwidth included. If you planning on developing sites for clients this will be second best option for you.
Scale – $193/mo annual plan or $232/mo monthly plan – This plan is more focus on agencies looking to host clients websites with 30+ sites included with 400,000 visits per month.
Custom & Enterprise – Those plans are for large agencies with very big resources, features and dedicated servers, prices will vary based on your specific needs.
👍👎 WP Engine Pros and Cons
As we finish out our review, let’s recap some of WP Engine’s pros and cons:
- WP Engine offers excellent performance in one-off tests and load tests, which is the most important consideration in a WordPress host.
- WP Engine has high-quality, friendly support that’s available 24/7 via live chat and phone.
- You get lots of convenient features like automatic backups, staging sites, a redirect manager, and more.
- The WP Engine dashboard is well-designed and user-friendly.
- WP Engine offers some nice bonus goodies, like free access to the Genesis Framework and child themes.
- WP Engine is definitely a step up in price from shared hosting. It’s worth the money, but it’s still expensive for beginners.
- WP Engine doesn’t offer email hosting, so you’ll need to pay for a separate email hosting service.
- WP Engine is simply not for everyone.
- Like any service, it’s not about what is best overall, but what is best for you based on your goals, budget, resources & habits.
Is WP Engine Worth It?
WP Engine is not cheap at all, and that is a simple fact. However, you’ll get a quality managed hosting service in exchange for your investment.
This provider offers lots of vital WordPress-specific features, solid performance, and reliable support. If WP Engine does fit your budget, it’s worth serious consideration.