What is an Air Purifier & What Does it Do?
An Air purifier is an electronic device that helps remove airborne allergens, pollutants and other contaminants from the air in a room. It works by trapping particles and pollutants in the air and then releasing them outside. There are a number of different types of air purifiers available on the market in Ireland, each with their own unique set of features.
In this blog post, we will outline the benefits of air purifiers, and we will show you our favourite recommendations for Irish homes.
These recommendations will be based on: customer reviews, utility and price. So without further ado, let’s get into it.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Some Benefits of using a HEPA Air Purifier:
- Improved breathing, air quality and allergy relief;
- Reduced asthma symptoms
- Decreased exposure to harmful chemicals and particles
- Better sleep quality due to improved air quality
- Fewer respiratory infections.
Air purifiers are a must-have for every home, especially if someone in the household suffers from allergies or asthma. They can help improve overall air quality and provide much-needed relief from respiratory problems.
5 Best HEPA Air Purifiers for Covid Ireland
1. SmartMi Jya Fjord Pro Air Purifier + Filter
Our Favourite (€509
- LARGE AREA : Clean Air Delivery Rate (550m³/hour), refresh the air for a 409ft² – 710ft² room
- POWERFUL PURIFICATION : Equipped with 3-stage purification with HEPA H13 filter
- BEAUTIFUL & DETACHABLE – Premium and detachable body design, It is not only a household appliance, but also a piece of home decoration art
- QUIET – Operations: Operates at just 18.8 dB in sleep mode
- COMPATIBLE WITH AI ASSISTANTS – Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY – plus FREE SHIPPING on all orders.
2. SmartMi Jya Fjord Pro One Year Bundle + 2 Filters
- Same Features as the SmartMi above
- 2 filters come with your package.
- 2 Year Warranty plus FREE Shipping on your order.
3. Levoit Air Purifier Ireland – H13 HEPA
- VERY AFFORDABLE & POPULAR– affordable so you can spend more on daily groceries, and over 41000 + reviews cannot go wrong!
- MONOCHROME – Also available in Black if you want something else to complement your decor
- 100% OZONE FREE: The UVC Light and Anion that most brands adopt to purify air sometimes produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for kids and asthma sufferers. Levoit air purifiers never use these !
- ADVANCE 3-STAGE FILTRATION: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, odour and large dust particles, in addition to removing airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns
- ULTRA SILENT OPERATION: Filters the air with the lowest noise level as quiet as 25dB for a restful and soothing indoor environment, helping you sleep deeply.
- NIGHT LIGHT – so you can operate it in the dark
- 2-YEAR MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
- DELIVERY – in just 48 hours!
4. LEVOIT Air Purifier Ireland – w/ Lavender Diffuser
- INCREDIBLY AFFORDABLE – So you can spend more money on your loved ones. Also 17000+ reviews is a sign of trust!
- 2 IN 1: Not only an air purifier but also an aroma diffuser. Essential oils (Not Included)
- DUAL FILTERS – Both filters consist of pre-filter, H13 HEPA filter and activated carbon filter – so you and your kids can breathe cleaner air all the time!
- QUIET SLEEP MODE: In sleep mode, the noise level is as low as 28 decibels, and the sound is as soft as a whisper in a friend’s ear.
- 2-YEARS MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY – and lifetime support, Levoit customer support team will always be here to help
- DELIVERY – Fastest delivery to your door takes only 48 hours!
5. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier.
- POPULAR – With mostly great reviews from 8000+ customers, this is one product you can trust!
- GREAT FOR LARGE ROOMS – Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft
- 4-STAGE FILTRATION SYSTEM– (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles
- WASHABLE PRE-FILTER – Pre-filter is washable and permanent
- SENSORS & LED LIGHTS – Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT – air purifier with three manual fan speeds plus Auto mode. Auto mode automatically optimizes the fan speed based on the level of indoor air quality.
- Timer feature allows device to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
FAQS – Best Air Purifier
How does an Air Purifier Work Exactly?
Air purifiers work by using a combination of filters and technologies that help to capture and remove these pollutants from the air.
The most common type of air purifier, the HEPA purifier, uses a high-efficiency particulate air filter that can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns. These filters work by using layers of denser and less dense materials that trap particles as they pass through. Some air purifiers also use activated carbon filters, which help to remove odors and gases from the air.
Additionally, some air purifiers use technologies like Ultraviolet Light and Ionization to help kill bacteria and viruses. These methods however, are less effective against larger particles like dust and allergens. Ultimately, the effectiveness of an air purifier depends on the type and number of filters it uses, as well as the size and layout of the room it is installed in.
Do Air Purifiers Help Eliminate dust and Allergies?
Air purifiers are 99.97% effective in eliminating dust and allergens from the air. As mentioned above, these devices work by using a range of filters and technologies that trap and remove airborne particles, including pollen, pet dander, and mold spores.
Research has shown that air purifiers can be an effective solution for those suffering from dust and allergies.
A study published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology found that using air purifiers in bedrooms improved symptoms of seasonal allergies in participants. Another study published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine found that using air purifiers can reduce indoor air pollution and improve lung function in children with asthma.
What are the Disadvantages of Air Purifiers?
There aren’t many downsides to having an air purifier, except for maybe the financial investment. Some purifiers can be very expensive. However, there are far more options in the market that are just as reliable but cheaper.
Also, many ionizers, especially older models, can generate ozone when they are operating, which is known to exacerbate asthma.
Final Words – HEPA Air Purifiers for Covid
When choosing an air purifier, it is important to consider the size of the room you want to purify, as well as the type of pollutants you are trying to remove. For example, if you are looking to remove smoke and dust from the air, you will need an air purifier with a high CADR rating. If you are looking to remove allergens from the air, you will need an air purifier with a high AHAM rating.
Air purifiers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it is important to find one that fits your needs. Some models can be placed on a table or desk, while others need to be mounted on the wall. Additionally, some air purifiers come with built-in filters that need to be replaced every few months, while others require manual cleaning.
Overall, air purifiers are a great way to improve the air quality in your home or office. They can help reduce allergies, asthma symptoms, and even fatigue. So if you’re looking for a way to improve your indoor air quality, an air purifier may be just what you need.
For more recommendations, see below: