SMEG Ireland – What is SMEG?
SMEG is an Italian home appliance manufacturer based in Guastalla, near Reggio Emilia in the north of the country. The company makes refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers and other small domestic appliances and they are very well known for making retro-style appliances which have become very popular in recent years.
The company was founded in 1948 by Vittorio Bertazzoni Snr, and today is still a family-run business. The name SMEG is an acronym for Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla, which translates as ‘Emilian Metallurgical Enameling Works of Guastalla’.
In Ireland today, these products have a cult following. There are few better ways to add a touch of style and personality to your kitchen than with a SMEG fridge, kettle, coffee machine or toaster. We carried out our research and will let you know below what SMEG Products are worth adding to your Irish kitchen.
The SMEG Toaster – Should You Buy it?
After carrying out a lot of research online and on Youtube, we have decided that the answer sits at 50/50. Here is why;
- STYLE – In terms of style , the SMEG 2-toaster and 4- toasters come in a variety of stunning colours and are definitely a great addition to any kitchen. Their retro 50s design will add a lot of personality and style to any kitchen-top and is definitely a conversation starter if you want to impress your guests and your friends.
- 8 COLOURS – to choose from, so there is definitely something for everyone.
- MULTIPLE FEATURES – It also has a defrost function, 6 browning levels and is pretty easy to clean according to a number of Youtube reviews.
However, for its price, you can definitely get a lot more value for your money with a cheaper toaster well under €100. SMEG toasters are usually in the range of €100 to €350. There are also some reviews by customers that are not satisfied with its toasting ability, compared to cheaper models.
But if that does not deter you and you want to add something visually stunning to your kitchen countertop that works, then take a look at various colourful options on Amazon by clicking below. Order today for fastest delivery to Ireland in only 3 days.
8 Colour Options
The SMEG Kettle – Is it Worth Buying?
So far, the answer is a resounding yes. Here’s why.
- STYLE – The first and obvious reason why you should purchase a SMEG kettle is that they are beautiful and stunning to look at.
- 14 COLOURS – They also come in a range of up to 14 different colours including red, black, pastel blue, pastel gold, champagne gold, cream and rose gold just to name a few – so you can easily find one to match your kitchen’s décor. But it’s not just the aesthetics that make these kettles stand out, they also have some great features which make them a pleasure to use.
- RAPID BOIL – For example, the SMEG kettle has a rapid-boil function which means you can have boiling water in just a few minutes.
- OTHER FEATURES – It also has an automatic shut-off function so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn it off. The kettle also has a 360-degree swivel base which makes it very easy to use, regardless of whether you are left or right-handed.
PRICE – The only downside of the SMEG kettle again – is the price. It is more expensive than some of the other kettles on the market but, in our opinion, it is worth paying that little bit extra for a kettle which looks great and is so easy to use. Click below to check out more reviews!
14 Stunning Colours
The SMEG Coffee Machine – Is it Worth Buying?
A coffee machine is one of the most important appliances in any kitchen and if you’re a coffee lover, then you want to make sure you have a good quality one.
- POPULAR ONLINE – The SMEG coffee machine has received mostly positive reviews online, so you can be rest assured this machine is more than just a pretty face.
- LARGE CAPACITY – The first thing you’ll notice about the SMEG coffee machine is its retro design and its 10-cup capacity glass carafe.
- MULTIPLE COLOURS – It’s available in more than 8 colours, so you can choose the one that best suits your kitchen. The machine is also arguably compact, so it won’t take up too much space on your worktop.
- OTHER FEATURES – One of the best things about the SMEG coffee machine is that it has a 4-cup function for smaller quantities of coffee, LED display and two aroma intensity settings. And some versions come with a built-in grinder.
Check the various versions out below and choose what colour suits you best.
SMEG Coffee Machine – Without Grinder
SMEG Coffee Machine – With Grinder
The SMEG Blender – Is it Worth Buying?
- DURABLE – The SMEG blender is definitely worth buying if you are looking for a high-quality, stylish and durable appliance. The design is very elegant and would look great in any kitchen.
- EASY TO CLEAN – It is also very easy to use and clean, which is always important when it comes to blenders.
- POWERFUL MOTOR – The main selling point of the SMEG blender is the powerful motor which makes light work of even the toughest ingredients. Whether you want to make a smoothie, soup or sauce, this blender will do the job quickly and efficiently.
- PRICE – Again, the only downside of the SMEG blender is the price tag. The hand blender would cost you around €150 and a large blender is around €300, it is definitely not the cheapest appliance on the market.
However, you definitely get what you pay for with this appliance, and it will last you for many years to come.
So, if you are looking for a top-quality blender that will add a touch of style to your kitchen, the SMEG blender is definitely worth considering.
Standing Blender – Pastel Green
The SMEG Mixer – Is it Worth Buying?
The SMEG Stand Mixer is a high-quality appliance that will make light work of all your mixing needs, whether you’re preparing dough for baking or whipping up a quick cake mix.
The mixer comes with a 5-litre stainless steel bowl, flat beater, dough hook and whisk, so you have everything you need to get started. It also has a powerful 1000-watt motor, making it more than capable of dealing with even the heaviest of mixes.
1. The SMEG mixer is very well made and looks great. It’s definitely a stylish addition to any kitchen.
2. It’s very easy to use, with clear and simple controls.
3. The mixer comes with a variety of attachments, so you can use it for different tasks.
4. It’s very powerful, making it ideal for dealing with heavy mixes.
5. It’s very easy to clean, both the bowl and the attachments.
1. The SMEG mixer is quite expensive and would cost you close to £500 on average – so it’s not an appliance for everyone.
2. It’s also quite heavy, so you might need two people to lift it into position.
3. Some people find the attachments difficult to attach and remove.
Thank you very much for reading.