What is an Inset Electric Fireplace?
An Inset or Insert electric fireplace is a type of fireplace that is designed to be recessed into a wall. There are different types of inset electric fireplaces, including those with built-in heaters and those without. Inset electric fireplaces can provide a stylish and space-saving way to add warmth to your home.
Free-standing electric fireplaces however, can be moved and placed anywhere in your home.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
What is the Best Inset or Freestanding Electric Fireplace?
1. Zanussi ZEFIST1001SS – 2KW Inset Fireplace
Looking for an affordable and practical electric inset fire? The Zanussi has an Amazon’s Choice tag for that reason!
This fire has a 4.6/5 rating on Amazon, with over 150 reviews. It’s available in black and stainless steel, and has two heat settings with a 2kW heat output.
There’s also a timer function, so you can control how long the fire is on for. Plus, the remote control means you can adjust the settings without getting up. And if you’re worried about safety, the overheat protection feature kicks in if the fire gets too hot.
So if you’re looking for an affordable and trusted electric inset fire that looks good and is packed with features, the Zanussi ZEFIST1001SS is just right for you!
2. Dimplex ZAM20 Zamora Freestanding Fire
The Dimplex Freestanding Electric Fire is a great choice for those looking for a realistic flame effect with cost effective LED lighting. It also fits flat to the wall, and comes with a choice of real coal or white pebble fuel bed.
- As another Amazon’s Choice product, the Dimplex Freestanding Electric Fire has 4.5/5 stars out of 300+ ratings.
- It also comes with a one year guarantee , from a manufacturer that is well know for energy efficient electrical heating.
So if you’re looking for an electric fire that looks realistic and won’t break the bank either, the ZAM20 Freestanding Fire is a great choice.
3. Unionline 92cm Insert Electric Fireplace
If you’re looking for an electric fireplace that oozes traditional charm, the Unionline 92cm Insert Electric Fire is a great choice. It’s available in two sizes (92 cm and 127 cm), and has received 4.5/5 stars from over 600 ratings.
- This electric fireplace is perfect for creating a cozy atmosphere, thanks to its 9 LED flame colors and 5 color intensities.
- It comes with a remote control so you can easily adjust the settings to your liking.
- It has two heat settings (High/Low) and a safety cut-off device for overheat protection.
- It also has a low noise level and a 0-12H timer.
- The 1-year guarantee makes it a great choice for those who want a reliable fire.
Whether you’re looking to add a touch of luxury to your home or simply want a reliable heating source, the Unionline 92cm Insert Electric Fire is a great option.
4. M.C.Haus 102cm Touch Screen Wall-Mounted Heater
This M.C.Haus Heater is a very stylish, top-rated product that is available in 102cm and 127 cm sizes. It has 9 color options and 5 levels of brightness, making it a versatile and customizable option for your home heating needs.
- With 4.6/5 stars out of more than 300 ratings, you can be confident that this product will provide reliable and efficient heating.
- The touch screen display and remote control are extremely user-friendly
- It has a thermostat that can be used to control the room temperature from 17°C to 28°C, making it perfect for those chilly winter nights.
- Additionally, the timer setting on this heater can be set for 1H to 8H, providing you with plenty of time to enjoy the warmth without having to worry about overuse.
- Plus, with a heat range of up to 37 m³, this heater is sure to keep your entire home cozy and comfortable.
Best of all, the M.C.Haus Touch Screen Wall-Mounted Heater is easy to install and uninstall, so you can enjoy the warmth of a fireplace without any of the hassle.
5. Adam Blenheim Brass Inset Fireplace
The Adam Blenheim is a stylish inset fireplace that will add a touch of elegance to any room. It has received great reviews, with a 4.8/5 rating from over 110 customers.
- It features a beautiful brass surround and an inset fire grate, making it the perfect focal point for your home.
- The moulded coal effect and realistic LED flame effect are just some of the amazing features that make this gold fireplace so special.
- With 1kW and 2kW heat settings, you can enjoy the perfect amount of warmth for any occasion.
- The 58mm recess required is no problem, as the spacer can be removed to fully inset the fire.
The very affordable price of only £115.00 makes the Blenheim an excellent choice for those looking to add a touch of luxury to their home without breaking the bank.
6. Dimplex Optiflame Electric Fireplace
This free-standing stove is available in black or white, and features a realistic log effect fuel bed with LED lighting. The flame effect is both realistic and cost effective, making it a great choice for any home.
- 4.6/5 out of 300+ ratings
- Built-in thermostat and remote control
- Can simply be placed in a traditional fireplace, recess or around the home to transform your space in an instant
- With a choice of 1kW or 2kW of heat when you need a quick burst of warmth. The thermostatic temperature control maintains the room temperature by automatically switching on and off.
- Includes a 1 year guarantee
So why not add a touch of style and realism to your home with the Dimplex Optiflame electric stove?
There are 5 Main Things to Consider when Choosing an Electric Fireplace.
Size of the Unit.
The size of the unit will determine how much heat it can produce, so be sure to choose a size that is appropriate for the room you plan on using it in. The heating capacity is measured in BTUs, so be sure to choose a unit with a high BTU rating if you plan on using it in a large space.
Price and Reviews
It’s critically important to do your research before making a purchase. Be sure to consider the price, reviews, and features of each unit before making your final decision. However, in this blog post we have carried out this research so you do not have to!
Type of Electric Heater
For insert fireplaces, you’ll need to decide if you want one with a built-in heater. If so, you’ll need to make sure that the unit is large enough to heat your space. You’ll also need to decide if you want a traditional style fireplace or a more modern-looking one, as there are insert electric fireplaces available in both styles.
Once you’ve decided on the type of electric fireplace you want, you’ll need to choose a location for it. Inset electric fireplaces are usually installed above a mantel or in a recessed area of a wall. You’ll need to make sure that the area is large enough to accommodate the unit, and that there is an electrical outlet nearby.
As for freestanding fireplaces, you have the freedom to move it anywhere you want in the room.
Once you’ve chosen a location, you’ll need to install the inset electric fireplace. This is typically a fairly easy process, but it’s always best to follow the instructions that come with your particular unit. After the inset electric fireplace is installed, you can enjoy its warmth and ambi
To see more recommendations for your living room, see below: